Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Update on the Author: Erica The Amateur Fan

It's the Catch-22 of following the Philadelphia Flyers: The team keeps losing and you want to look away but you can't, because what if they have an amazing game like Saturday's 5-2 victory over the New York Islanders. Game action including: breaking their 2 point barrier, a hat trick for Vinny Lecavalier and their first back to back win of the season. What if you miss what could have possibly been the best game of the season for the Flyers? What if your DVR just doesn't come through for you? Meanwhile you are diligently watching the Hershey Bears game from the Press Box, taking in the action of the AHL affiliate of the Washington Capitals? Needless to say, I missed Saturday's game while I was at the Hershey Bears game.

Every once in a while I suffer from too much hockey and not enough time in the day. I thought for today, instead of another story about how the Flyers gave up their 2 goal lead to lose against the Ducks last night, that I might bring you a more personal update. As many of you know I am a freelance hockey writer and my journey did not start that long ago. You can read about my hockey journey at my sister blog: TheLongRoadtoToronto.Blogspot.com. The growth of The Amateur Fan over the past few weeks has been momentous. Not too long ago I returned from a road trip to Toronto, which for a hockey fan was by far the best experience of my life. It is hard to even put into words the beautiful experiences I had while I was in Canada and upstate New York. Now back in the States, with the hockey season in full swing, I have been fortunate enough to meet some great people that have been influential in my writing and hockey journey. I recently have been sitting in press row at the Hershey Bear games, getting a birds eye view of the games and writing about the top AHL affiliate of the Washington Capitals. Also, I have added an official logo to The Amateur Fan.


From the idea of writing down my observations after a hockey game to all the accomplishments thus far, The Amateur Fan has spread wings and taken me on this incredible journey from my couch to the press box. I look forward to the coming months where I will be attending my first NHL game (Flyers v. Penguins in Pittsburgh November 13) I will be creating an Instagram to visually take you on my journey and I will be adding more stories to The Long Road to Toronto Blog. Stay tuned, more great things to come!

For more of The Amateur Fan follow on Twitter @TheAmateurFan

No comments:

Post a Comment